Sunday, May 17, 2009

As I was planting my sunflower seeds in the yard the other day I came up with a title for my last posted work. "Soul Flower". It became apparent to me as i was gardening that being the impatient person i am I began making sunflower artworks so i could have them now and not wait weeks for it. It seems a metaphor for me....germinating seeds of ideas, giving them time to nuture themselves and then watching them grow into something visible. I find myself creating sunflowers in many of my journaling pages and don't see an end to it anytime soon. So hopefully i will have more to post in the coming weeks. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I knew you'd come up with a meaningful name for your piece. Who knows better than the artist :) I do love this piece and Soul Flower is perfect! Enjoy your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete