Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Art is About....

On my friend kathy cartwright's blog (www.k-cartwright.blogspot.com) we had a discussion about finishing the sentence My Art is About..... I began to think about this and how to explain what my art is about. Not an easy thing to verbalize. So as i let that thought simmer for a while i came up with the following:

My art is more than "just" art.

It's a way of life
It's an expression of myself
It's an extension of myself
It's a daily prayer
It's a meditation
It's a look into my soul
It's my soul speaking, singing and drawing
It's a deep breath
It's inhaliing life
It's gratitude
It's a gift
It's more than "just" art.
It's hard work
It's a best friend
It's sometimes a foe.

So for now this is the only way i can verbalize what my art is. The rest will have to speak for itself on the canvas.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of the best descriptions I've seen of why one makes art. Would a gallery owner or customer understand? Kathy asks tough questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Carolyn,

    I noticed the last two, my best friend and sometimes foe, is very true.

    Wishing you a wonderful week,
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you verbalized what your art is about beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete