Sunday, January 17, 2010

Never say....final

Realizing that i went too far to the left on my last grisaille I decided to go back to the drawing board and refracture the piece. I think sometimes you need to go too far in order to know how far that is so you can come back to a place that is moderate. That is what happened to me with the last work posted. As i began to add color i came to the conclusion that i had overdone the fracturing part of the work and needed to go back to a stage where i had not fractured the space enough. From that is was able to come to the two works below. After weeks of dividing up space i think i now get the importance of fracturing with variety, rhythm and unity in mind. Not an easy task for someone who has just gone with her intuition. So much to think about! But i found eventually you are able to keep more than one element in mind when working. It just takes practice, practice, practice!!


5 comments:

  1. Now that I see what you've done- I understand why you've decided to rework. These are more interesting- although I enjoyed your other work too. But I like the way you've brought more focus into these works. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You offer good advice, here, and a good example of how the process is never-ending. "Never say never" is something we all need to remember. These are much, much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tuned in to see what happens next...I love it just as it is right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually afraid to add the color. Who would think that since i am so color driven. But i am going to be patient and deliberate in this process so stay tuned and hopefully soon i will have something to share ....good or bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top one looks slightly coloured already. Being afraid to start is the perfect feeling, it's vorfreude (joyful anticipation)! It goes by actually starting. If it becomes a problem, set a date and time to start and stick to it. No matter what you've done so far you are capable of doing it again, and better, in future, so banish all fears!

    ReplyDelete